Adecco amongst Sustainability Leaders in the Dow Jones Sustainability World & Europe Indices for the fourth consecutive year
Adecco’s commitment to improve the world of work recognized by RobecoSAM’s Corporate Sustainability Assessment
Zürich, Switzerland, Sep 11, 2014
Adecco Group, the world’s leading provider of HR solutions, today received confirmation of its continued inclusion in the Dow Jones Sustainability (DJSI) World and Europe Indices for the fourth consecutive year.
The DJSI follow a best-in-class approach, including companies across all industries that outperform their peers in numerous sustainability metrics. Adecco was benchmarked against the largest companies worldwide undergoing an in-depth analysis of financially material economic, environmental and social practices. E ach year over 3,000 companies, including 800 companies from emerging markets, are invited to participate in RobecoSAM’s Corporate Sustainability Assessment. Based on the Global Industry Classification System (GICS), RobecoSAM identifies the top company in each of the 24 industry groups .
On August 22, the Adecco Group submitted its annual Communication on Progress (CoP) to the UN Global Compact through its CSR Report 2013/2014. The Report emphasizes Adecco’s commitment to the ‘better work, better life’ approach, according to economic, social and environmental dimensions. The Company’s investments and initiatives to improve the world of work are described in the report, including the following main improvements in the three dimensions and six strategic focus areas for 2013 and 2014:
- Close to 90% company’s workforce completed Adecco’s Compliance & Ethics training
- Win4Youth donations for disadvantaged youngsters exceeded USD 1 million for the first time by the end of 2013
- Over 1 million people reached during the Way to WorkTM Street Day in 2013 and 2014, receiving career tips and free workshops to support them in their job search and improve their employability
- In 2013, more than 4,500 elite athletes received career guidance and job placement support compared to 2,000 in 2012.
- Retention rate up 6% in emerging markets
- Greenhouse gas efficiency performance doubled since 2010.
RobecoSAM DJSI: http://www.sustainability-indices.com/
RobecoSAM DJSI Annual Review 2014: http://www.sustainability-indices.com/review/annual-review-2014.jsp
RobecoSAM Sustainability Yearbook 2014: http://yearbook.robecosam.com/home.html
Adecco CSR Report 2013/2014: http://www.adecco.com/csr/csrreport.aspx
Adecco CSR Report Executive Summary 2013/2014:http://adec.co/csr-exec-summary